I'm having trouble downloading a Teacher Edition LitChart
Teacher Editions are only available on desktop/laptop—they are zip files that won't download properly on a mobile device. If you are on a laptop or desktop and don’t see our sidebar, try expanding the browser window to a larger size until the sidebar appears.
Here are some steps to help you download:
1. Log in to your LitCharts account here: https://www.litcharts.com/sign-in
2. Go to whichever LitChart you're interested in downloading. You can find a list of all 1250+ LitCharts at our homepage: https://www.litcharts.com.
3. Look for the download links in the right hand sidebar of the LitCharts page. Please note that Teacher Editions are only available on desktop/laptop—they are zip files that won't download properly on a mobile device. If you’re on a laptop or desktop and don’t see our sidebar, try expanding the browser window to a larger size until the sidebar appears.
The download links look like this:
4. Click on the "Get it!" button for whichever edition you'd like to download.
5. You'll then see the download page for your book, where you can click to save the actual file. For example, the download page for the Hamlet Teacher Edition guide is: https://www.litcharts.com/lit/hamlet/teacher-edition/download
6. When you click on the "Get it!" button, what happens next differs depending on whether you're on a Mac or Windows PC.
- If you're on Mac: A popup window should appear that asks you where to save the file
- If you're on a PC: A message at the bottom of the screen appears asking whether you'd like to Open or Save the file. Choose Save and specify where you'd like to save the file.
Be sure to save the file in a location you can remember and get to easily, such as on your desktop.
7. Double click on the zip file to unzip the contents of the folder—most Teacher Editions have about 10 subfolders and dozens of files.
If you have trouble unzipping the file, or the file says it's corrupted, this is usually because of a connection error during download. Our Teacher Editions can be quite large because they contain both PDFs and editable Word files. Sometimes a connection error happens during the download and corrupts the file. You can try downloading again and this should resolve the problem. If you're still having trouble, contact us and we'll help.
If you have any more trouble please just let us know exactly what you're seeing (and what type of device or computer you're on) and we'll be glad to help.