What is the difference between LitCharts A+ and a LitCharts free account?
LitCharts A+ is our premium subscription, which costs a monthly or annual fee, depending on which version of the subscription you choose. LitCharts A+ subscribers get all of the following benefits:
- PDF downloads of 880+ LitCharts Literature Guides
- Teacher Editions with classroom-ready activities to accompany every Literature Guide
- Explanations and citation info for over 18,000 quotes across all of our titles
- Complete translations of all 37 Shakespeare plays (plus the Sonnets), including PDF downloads
- PDFs with in-depth explanations of over 130 key Literary Terms
- Advanced search for our entire collection, which makes it easy to find themes, symbols and more across texts
- Highlights and notes: save parts our literature guides for reference later, and annotate them with your own notes
- Related themes: compare and contrast themes between two or more texts
- All features in the LitCharts free account are also accessible to LitCharts A+ subscribers.
LitCharts free accounts are, as the name implies, free. LitCharts free accounts allow you to:
- Make requests that we cover a specific book or title.
- Get notified when we publish new titles.
- Save your own highlights and notes on our literature guides.
Over time, we will be adding more features to the LitCharts free account.
If you have a LitCharts A+ subscription that expires, it will automatically downgrade to a LitCharts free account. You can upgrade your free account back to a LitCharts A+ account at any time.