What is your refund policy?
LitCharts A+ subscription fees are generally not refundable. We may choose to offer a refund, on a case-by-case basis, and at our sole discretion.
LitCharts explicitly does not offer refunds in the following circumstances:
- If a user discovers that LitCharts does not cover the material they need or expected to find on our service. Since much of our content is available to preview for free, users must make this judgement for themselves before subscribing. If you are unsure whether or not our subscriber-only content will meet your needs, please download a free sample prior to subscribing.
- If a user has confirmed his or her email address and logged in, even if only once. As a subscriber, you have access to all of our premium subscribers-only content immediately. Much like a Netflix or Spotify subscription, a LitCharts A+ subscription covers access to our content, regardless of how often or whether you use it.
- If a user forgets to cancel prior to renewal. Subscribers have complete control over initiating, cancelling, and reactivating subscriptions. This means that as a subscriber, you can easily:
- If a user subscribes under any false or fraudulent pretenses. LitCharts user accounts are licensed to one user per account. Failure to comply with this, or any other clause in our Terms of Service, precludes the user from the possibility of a refund.
- If a user has deleted their account. We are unable to offer refunds, under any circumstances, for any accounts which have been deleted. Subscribers acknowledge that they are ineligible for refunds for any unused portion of their subscription upon deleting their account.